If you know somebody who is 65 or over, lives in Stoke-on-Trent and is struggling with loneliness and isolation, you can make a direct referral to our befriending and well-being service. This can be done by calling 01782 810 320 then selecting EXT 2 or online in the strictest confidence.
To make a referral online, simply download a copy of our referral form here. Once completed, save a copy and then email it to us at email@example.com
Please make sure to provide as much information as possible throughout to help us determine whether our service would be appropriate.
Who can use this service?
CareLink offers a free telephone befriending and monitoring service for adults. To meet the criteria to be accepted into the programme, they must be:
- lonely and socially isolated
- aged 65 or over
- registered with a GP in Stoke-on-Trent
Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept anybody who does not meet all of the criteria
What happens after a referral has been submitted?
Once a referral has been received, we will endeavor to assess the individual’s case as quickly as possible. Expected timings are as follows:
- an initial verbal assessment over the telephone will usually be carried out within two working days
- the potential client will then receive an at-home assessment within five working days
- depending on circumstances, they may receive phone calls while awaiting a final decision on eligibility
- once officially accepted onto the programme, clients will receive up to five calls per week depending on need
How is eligibility determined?
When performing an assessment, our caseworkers are looking for signs of one or more of the following, which would indicate that the potential client is in need of our service:
- they need early intervention to avoid a crisis occurring
- they require support to improve or maintain their physical health and well-being
- they are at risk of poor mental well-being due to social isolation
- they show signs of declining or diminished physical capability or mental capacity
- they present early identifiers of potential abuse
- they show signs of self-neglect